St. Petersburg, Dec 11 - Defending Russian Premier League champions Zenit St. Petersburg played out a 1-1 draw at home with Dagestani football club Anzhi Makhachkala.
After conceding a soft first-half goal via a Joo Carlos header, Zenit replied in the 66th minute through Konstantin Zyryanov. Neither side was able to convert its chances in the dying minutes of the game, Xinhua reports.
The result leaves Anzhi in second and Zenit in third place behind league leaders CSKA Moscow.
This was the second of two home games which Zenit were forced to play in an empty stadium after the Russian Football Union penalised the club for fan violence in November. (IANS)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today