St. Petersburg, Dec 11 - Defending Russian Premier League champions Zenit St. Petersburg played out a 1-1 draw at home with Dagestani football club Anzhi Makhachkala.
After conceding a soft first-half goal via a Joo Carlos header, Zenit replied in the 66th minute through Konstantin Zyryanov. Neither side was able to convert its chances in the dying minutes of the game, Xinhua reports.
The result leaves Anzhi in second and Zenit in third place behind league leaders CSKA Moscow.
This was the second of two home games which Zenit were forced to play in an empty stadium after the Russian Football Union penalised the club for fan violence in November. (IANS)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai