Chennai, India-based TVS Motor Co suffered a decline of more than 8 per cent in sales of its two-wheelers.
TVS Motor Co said its combined sales in the two and three-wheeler segments slipped to 1,56,221 units in December 2012, from 1,70,428 units in the corresponding month of the previous year.
In the two-wheeler segment alone, the manufacturer saw its sales coming down from 1,67,905 units to 1,51,735 units over the same period of time; while domestic sales of the company's two-wheelers declined from 1,46,747 units to 1,34,566 units.
In terms of scooter sales, the company registered decline from 44,804 units to 30,398 units.
However, amid cut-throat competition from rival manufacturers like Yamaha and Honda, the company registered an increase of 6 per cent in sales, from 56,662 units in December 2011 to 60,210 units in December 2012.
But, two-wheeler exports declined from 21,158 units to 17,169 units.
Sales of the company's three-wheelers enjoyed a strong growth of 77.8 per cent, from 2,523 units in December 2011 to 4,486 units in December 2012.
Rival manufacturer Hero MotoCorp enjoyed a marginal increase in sales, from 540,276 units in December 2011 to 5,41,615 units in December last year.
- Sony's SmartEyeglass to be available for purchase by March
- Electric car sets new 204.9 miles-per-hour world land speed record
- Facebook dispenses apprehensions about its iOS8 app privacy setting changes in blog post
- Online attack on eBay puts buyers' credentials at risk: Report
- Microsoft develops keyboard designed for iOS, Android, Windows tabs
- Siemens Plans to Acquire Dresser-Rand for $6 billion Says Sources
- OSI Group to Cut 340 Jobs in China in Relation to Food Safety Scandal
- PARK(ing) Day Celebration Turns Parking Spots into Temporary Parks
- Oasis Beverages a Russian Company Buys Pabst
- About 6.4 trillion calories to be cut from food products