London, Dec. 7 : British citizens have paid 292 million pounds so far in keeping foreign prisoners behind bars.
That is the cost of holding 7,500 immigrants from 160 nations who committed crimes after arrival here.
The British Ministry of Justice figures show they make up almost one in 10 of prisoners in England and Wales.
According to the Daily Express, they have been jailed for almost 900 sex offences, more than 2,000 drugs crimes, 1,500 violent attacks – including murders – and more than 900 cases of fraud or forgery.
A prison place costs the taxpayer 39,000 pounds per year.
Jamaicans, who at 791 head the prison population of foreigners, have the worst records for drug crimes, violence and sex attacks.
Poles have the worst record for theft and handling, Lithuanians commit the most driving offences and Nigerians head the list of foreign convicted fraudsters.(ANI)
- The Robot-Snake Charger Designed by Tesla Could Scare you Along with Charging your Car
- Food Industry Consolidations Might be What Activist Investors are Expecting
- BOJ Unchanged About Upbeat Economic Assessment In Spite of Contraction Expected in April- June Quarter
- Friday’s US Jobs Report for July Is Expected to Show Strong Gains
- MH370 Debris Wash Ashore to an Indian Ocean Island