According to the latest data released, the total unemployment level has fallen in most states in the United sates.
The data released by the Labor Department on Friday showed that unemployment rates fell in most states in eth country form November. The report showed that 42 states and the District of Columbia registered unemployment rate fell during the month while six states recorded an increase in unemployment and two states recorded same level of employment.
The data also showed that since November, 22 states have recorded a fall in unemployment while 16 states and the District of Columbia registered increases and 12 states remained unchanged. The wide ranging recovery in December indicates that the world's largest economy is on the path of recovery.
The national unemployment rate was recorded at 7.8 percent in December, which is same as that in November. The national rate is lower than that recorded in December of 2011 at 8.5 percent. Nevada and Rhode Island held the highest unemployment rates in the US at 10.2 percent but both the states recorded a fall from the earlier month. Rhode Island recorded its lowest unemployment rate since March 2009.
- Toshiba, United Technologies ink agreement for global growth in HVAC solutions
- Google offers artificial personal assistant for users ready to give up personal info
- Apple launches iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus in India
- Google profits plunges 5 percent YOY, in Q3
- HCL Technologies Q1 Net up 32.3% at Rs 1,873 crore