New Hampshire (US), Jan. 27 : U. S. Vice-President Joe Biden has been known in the past to commit to verbal gaffes and for upsetting the Indian American community.
It did so again in New Hampshire on Thursday, when he adopted foreign accent while discussing the departure of call-center jobs overseas
News sites were quick to label the accent as Indian, as the subcontinent is home to many customer calls centers, and Biden had referenced India in his remarks.
Biden was addressing workers of a company that has partnered with a local college in Rochester.
He twice appeared to deploy a foreign accent while discussing the loss of call-center jobs to other countries.
All this took place in a matter of just under 30 seconds, the New York Daily News reports.
A New York magazine, however, opined that Biden might have been imitating the character of a Russian-sounding call-center worker made popular in Discovery Card commercials. (ANI)
- New app lets you add multimedia stories to 23Snaps news feed
- Now, online-dating app that matches people based on voice
- Robotic prosthesis turns amputee drummer into three-armed cyborg
- How to ace video interviews revealed
- Now, CUPID drone that shoots 80,000 volts to keep trespassers off your property