Washington, May 14 : Former US President Bill Clinton has claimed that he was kept in the dark by his wife, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, about the raid on Osama bin Laden’s Abbottabad compound in Pakistan.
Clinton said that he was not aware of the months of planning related to bin Laden’s search, and that he was shocked like any other American when he heard the news of the al-Qaeda leader being killed by US Navy SEALs.
"When Hillary got on the Armed Services Committee, which is right after she became a senator, I made up my mind that as long as she was there -- and then she became secretary of state -- I would never take a security briefing unless asked to do so by the president for a specific reason," the New York Post quoted Clinton, as saying.
"And you will be proud that I, like all Americans, knew nothing about the bin Laden operation, which had been debated in the administration in a tiny number of hands for months, until the president called and told me," he added.
He also said that he tried calling Hillary twice on the day of the ‘big operation’, but was told ''She''s at the White House and can''t talk to you’. (ANI)
- Google+ rolls out tool to add 'snowflake effect' to photos
- New technology tags your Facebook photos based on relationships
- NSA gathering 5bn cellphone records daily, Snowden documents reveal
- Soon, unlock iPhone with your face as password!
- 2014 to experience more cyber crimes, lead to stricter boardroom scrutiny: Report