Washington, Oct 29 : The United States’ Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has confirmed that shots fired at three Washington-area military buildings recently all came from the same weapon.
On October 19 police and FBI investigators were called when six shots were fired into the south side of the Pentagon, leaving bullets embedded in two different windows.
Two days after the attack, police in Quantico responded to a similar attack on the Marine Corps Museum, where bullets were also fired at windows.
The latest shooting occurred at a vacant Marine recruiting station in Chantilly, sometime between Monday night and Tuesday morning.
No casualties were reported in any of the attacks.
The FBI Washington Field Office’s Joint Terrorism Task Force is currently heading an investigation into the shootings.
The team is yet to identify any suspects, but have said that the ballistic evidence shows the same weapon was used at each site, Fox News reports.
Meanwhile, Pentagon officials have said that extra police officers will be on duty for Sunday’s Marine Corps Marathon in Washington. (ANI)
- New app lets you add multimedia stories to 23Snaps news feed
- Now, online-dating app that matches people based on voice
- Robotic prosthesis turns amputee drummer into three-armed cyborg
- How to ace video interviews revealed
- Now, CUPID drone that shoots 80,000 volts to keep trespassers off your property