London, May 7 : Gaff-prone Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi is once again in the news for making suggestive remarks to a female councillor while touring an earthquake-hit region.
Lia Giovanzzi Beltrami, 41, has confirmed that the 72-year-old premier made the remark in the Abruzzo region.
According to the Sun, Berlusconi asked Beltrami: "Can I fondle you?"
A video showing the incident has been posted on a newspaper website.
The footage shows the PM making the comment as he puts his arm around Beltrami.
Beltrami said: "I was left annoyed by what he said."
Berlusconi's wife, 52, has said that she wants a divorce from him because she is tired of seeing him with younger women.
Almost 297 died and thousands were left homeless in Abruzzo. (ANI)
- Scientists say death of a partner may cause an actual ‘heartbreak’
- Trump Criticizes Ford’s Move of Building a New Assembly Plant in Mexico
- Reportedly Pfizer and Allergan Plan to End Merger Deal with New Stricter Tax Rules
- Dollar Close to Its Seventeen Month Low Against the Yen
- Iceland’s Prime Minister Resigns after Panama Paper Leak