London, May 7 : Gaff-prone Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi is once again in the news for making suggestive remarks to a female councillor while touring an earthquake-hit region.
Lia Giovanzzi Beltrami, 41, has confirmed that the 72-year-old premier made the remark in the Abruzzo region.
According to the Sun, Berlusconi asked Beltrami: "Can I fondle you?"
A video showing the incident has been posted on a newspaper website.
The footage shows the PM making the comment as he puts his arm around Beltrami.
Beltrami said: "I was left annoyed by what he said."
Berlusconi's wife, 52, has said that she wants a divorce from him because she is tired of seeing him with younger women.
Almost 297 died and thousands were left homeless in Abruzzo. (ANI)
- The Robot-Snake Charger Designed by Tesla Could Scare you Along with Charging your Car
- Food Industry Consolidations Might be What Activist Investors are Expecting
- BOJ Unchanged About Upbeat Economic Assessment In Spite of Contraction Expected in April- June Quarter
- Friday’s US Jobs Report for July Is Expected to Show Strong Gains
- MH370 Debris Wash Ashore to an Indian Ocean Island