Over 200 people suffer food poisoning in China
Beijing, May 3 - More than 200 people in a Chinese city suffered from food poisoning after eating at a restaurant Monday, Xinhua reported.
The victims suffered from nausea, diarrhea and other symptoms after they had lunch at the Ruizhou Grand restaurant in Datong City of Shanxi province.
Four of the victims were in serious conditions, said a spokesman for the emergency response office. The sick were receiving treatment at four different hospitals in the city.
The restaurant served 60 to 70 tables at lunch for two weddings and one birthday celebration Monday, the final day of the three-day Labour Day holiday in China.
The cause of the food poisoning was not immediately known. A probe is underway. (IANS)