'Safe motherhood' week begins from today in UP

'Safe motherhood' week begins from today in UPLucknow [India], Oct. 14 : In Uttar Pradesh, the 'safe motherhood' week will start from today to provide all necessary medical aid and assistance to the pregnant women and to ensure safe delivery in the entire state.

Spurt in dengue cases in UP

Dengue casesLucknow [India], Aug. 28 : In Uttar Pradesh, a sudden surge in the number of dengue cases has shocked health authorities as 215 dengue cases have been reported in different districts of UP in the past three days.

With this, the total number of dengue affected cases in UP has risen to 336.

Causing an alarm, these cases have been reported by just four out of 36 sentinel labs designated by the state health department to conduct dengue testing.

Two more die due to swine flu in Uttar Pradesh

Swine fluLucknow: Two more people died due to swine flu in Uttar Pradesh, taking the toll to 18, health official said on Tuesday, adding that the number of fresh H1N1 cases has gone down considerably.

The two patients who died of swine flu since Monday - Sahiba Khatoon, 32, from Banda and Ram Chandra, 71, from Mau - were infected last week and were admitted to hospitals here.

The number of those infected across the state this season has touched 897.

Over eight die after consuming spurious liquor in Lucknow

Over eight die after consuming spurious liquor in LucknowLucknow (Uttar Pradesh), Jan. 13 - Over eight people died and more than 100 were admitted to hospital after consuming spurious liquor in Lucknow.

The patients had consumed domestic liquor at night and in the morning were rushed to the hospital after they complained of uneasiness.

A doctor at a local hospital, R.K. Srivastava, said the patients started coming after eight in the morning.

Tadpole found in mid-day meal at UP school

Tadpole found in mid-day meal at UP schoolLucknow, July 25 - A tadpole was found in the mid-day meal served to students at a primary school in Moradabad, an official said Thursday.

'Tahri' (cooked rice) was served Wednesday at the Tikhunti primary school in Dilari area and one of the girl student's spotted a fried tadpole in her plate.

She promptly raised an alarm and fled the school to tell her parents.

Swine flu patients swell to 56 in Lucknow

Swine flu patients swell to 56 in LucknowLucknow, Sep 3 - The number of people confirmed positive with the deadly swine flu virus has risen to 56 in the Uttar Pradesh capital, officials said, as they stepped up efforts to check its further spread.

The spurt in the cases related to the deadly virus has sent alarm bells ringing in the state health department as the number has swelled up in just a fortnight. The virus as of now has infected 56 people, an official said.

UP schools to ban sale of junk food

UP schools to ban sale of junk foodLucknow, April 5 : In a significant step, the Uttar Pradesh government has issued instructions to all schools - Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE), Uttar Pradesh Board and Central Board of Secondary Education
(CBSE) - to ban sale of junk food within their premises and outside, an official said Thursday.

Boy declared dead wakes up in mortuary, doctor suspended

Boy declared dead wakes up in mortuary, doctor suspendedLucknow, Nov 7 - The Uttar Pradesh government Monday suspended a doctor in a case of medical negligence in which a teenager declared dead by him regained consciousness in a mortuary in Muzaffarnagar district.

Radhey, 17, woke up in the mortuary at the Muzaffarnagar district hospital Sunday, nearly 10 hours after the doctor, Pradeep Mittal, declared him dead, an official said.

HIV positive youth forced out of Uttar Pradesh village

Lucknow, Dec 5 - A 27-year-old HIV positive youth in Uttar Pradesh was forced to leave his village by his neighbours, who feared they could get infected through mosquito bites.

The youth, who is a resident of Sewain village in Gorakhpur district, some 300 km from Lucknow, has been living in seclusion on the outskirts of the village for the last four days.

"Locals convened a panchayat and passed a resolution that my son would not be allowed to live in the village as the disease could spread through mosquito bites," the youth's 65-year-old mother told reporters Saturday in Gorakhpur.

Syndicate content