Washington D.C. [USA], January 10 : Finally, the much spoke about robbery of Kim Kardashian West, had its first busts!
French police have arrested 16 suspects in connection with the violent jewellery heist, which took place in Paris in October, reports the Guardian.
The suspects, who were reportedly well known to detectives for armed robbery, were picked up in coordinated early morning raids on January 9.
The suspects were in age from 23 to 72 and three of them were women, according to police.
Police identified two of them from fingerprints left at the luxury apartment, from where the 36-year-old reality star had nine million euros in jewels and valuables snatched, during Paris fashion week. The police immediately put them and their associates under surveillance.
During the morning raids, authorities uncovered a stash of firearms, plus about 140,000 euros in cash.
Though not much details have been released on the same, reports say that the detectives can hold the suspects for questioning for up to 96 hours.
For the unversed, the 'Keeping up with the Kardashians' star had a gun pointed at her and was tied up and left in the bath after masked men, with police badges on their jackets, burst into her room at a hotel in Paris' exclusive eighth arrondissement, on the night of 2-3 October. (ANI)
- Marathon Pharma to sell decades-old drug to treat DMD for $89,000
- FedEx Launches FedEx Fulfillment for Small Business to Compete with Amazon
- CDC updates 2017 advisory for recommended flu shots
- Coca-Cola Helped by Strong North American Demand but Company Issues Lackluster Future Guidance
- Women with dense breasts more likely to develop breast cancer: study