Yangon - Two explosions rocked Yangon over the weekend, but no one was killed or injured in the explosions, security officials confirmed Monday.
The first bomb, planted under a car parked near the five-star Traders Hotel, occurred at 7:45 pm Sunday, said a security official who requested anonymity.
The second blast, also under a car, followed 45 minutes later on Maha Bandula Street, near the popular ABC Restaurant.
Both bombs were small devices that caused no injuries and only minor damage to the cars.
The blasts came weeks before Myanmar is scheduled to hold a referendum to vote on a military-sponsored constitution that will essentially legitimize the military's dominant role in politics.
Myanmar has been under military rule since 1962. (dpa)
- Toshiba, United Technologies ink agreement for global growth in HVAC solutions
- Google offers artificial personal assistant for users ready to give up personal info
- Apple launches iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus in India
- Google profits plunges 5 percent YOY, in Q3
- HCL Technologies Q1 Net up 32.3% at Rs 1,873 crore