It happened with Arshad Warsi few weeks back when his two B graders released back to back. These were films that he had signed when he was going through a low patch and the Munna Bhai series was yet to happen to him. So embarrassed was he that not only did he stay miles away from these releases – Kisse Pyar Karoon and Ek Se Bure Do but even joked about giving a prize to those who would dare to watch them. Now same situation perhaps awaits Saif Ali Khan. Whose long stuck in the cans Sanam Teri Kasam is all set to release after having been ready since last 15 years.
Well known Music Company Ultra has plans to release it on June 19th. The film was originally titled Sambandh (Its name was also changed to Yeh Pyaar Hi To Hain) and was in the cans because the makers Sudhakar Bokade and Ultra and the film were in a legal battle. They are now planning to release the film now to perhaps encash on Saif releasing his first home production Love Aaj Kal. We are sure Saif will try his best to avoid any association with Sanam Teri Kasam now. If one can recall its promos it had Saif who was miles behind what level of acting he has achieved now. I am sure he would be cursing his luck that this film is releasing after so many years.
The director of Sanam Teri Kasam, Lawrence D’Souza (of Saajan fame) laughs on hearing the news and states, “I had really forgotten about this film. I had completed the film in a record time of just 5-6 months that time. But the film suffered due to the differences that arose between the producers. Had my film released back then, we would all have been benefited because it had some really good music. Saif had just then given a musical hit with Yeh Dillagi and my film’s other lead stars were the hit pair of film Sir
- Pooja Bhatt and Atul Agnihotri. They all had given good performances. But I am glad that the film is finally coming to the theatres.”
Sudhakar Bokade who is the producer of the film when contacted tells us, “Yes, I came to know that Ultra people are releasing the film with a new name Sanam Teri Kasam. I hope it does well. It deserves too.”-Sampurn Media
- Marathon Pharma to sell decades-old drug to treat DMD for $89,000
- FedEx Launches FedEx Fulfillment for Small Business to Compete with Amazon
- CDC updates 2017 advisory for recommended flu shots
- Coca-Cola Helped by Strong North American Demand but Company Issues Lackluster Future Guidance
- Women with dense breasts more likely to develop breast cancer: study