Indian Stock market closed positive on Friday with BSE Sensex gaining 126 points at 17,783 and NSE Nifty closing at 5366. During the week, the stock markets have been positive and technical experts are seeing 5400 as major resistance for NSE Nifty. Among various sectors, BSE Auto, Consumer Durables, BSE FMCG and BSE IT indices closed positive.
FMCG major HUL touched 52-week high today. The stock touched high of Rs 505.45 and close at Rs 503, registering gain of Rs 9. Among technology stocks, Infosys, TCS, Mahindra Satyam and Tech Mahindra were among major gainers.
Kotak Mahindra Bank and ICICI Bank were among gainers. Union Bank, Bank of Baroda, HDFC Bank, PNB, Bank of India closed with marginal decline. Larsen, Tata Steel, Hindalco and Tata Power were among major losers for the trading session.
Bajaj Corp, Ceat, Divis Labs, Dishman Pharma, Geometric, Hindustan Unilever, Mahindra Satyam, Mastek, RS Software, Strides Arcolab, Whirlpool, Tech Mahindra, Zicom Security and Wockhardt touched 52-week high in today's session.
The stock markets worldwide gained as German Chancellor Angela Merkel supported ECB for its efforts to save the European economy. Asian Stocks closed positive. European markets were trading in positive on Friday.
Automajor Maruti Suzuki has informed that the plant will start production on 21 August. Tata Global Beverage has bought 49% stake in Russian company SuntyCo Holding
- IBM Watson’s Uses Artificial Intelligence techniques to Teach Robots Better Understand Human Communication
- Haggen Grocery Chain Wants Permission to Shutter Hundred More Stores
- New-Home Sales in the U.S. Increased in August by 5.7 Percent
- Federal Reserve Chair, Janet Yellen Feels Dehydrated during Speech; Gets Medical Attention
- Sanford C. Bernstein Reaffirms ‘Market Perform’ Rating for Lockheed Martin