According an Apple India spokesperson, sixth-generation iPhone - the iPhone 5 - will hit the retail stores in India from Friday, November 2; the date on which the much-awaited handset will be launched in some other Asian countries too.
The Apple spokesperson said that Ingram Micro and Redington India - the two authorized distributors of Apple devices in India - will begin supplying iPhone 5 to retailers from November 2. Both the black and white versions of the handsets will probably be available for sale in India.
Revealing that the iPhone 5 will be released in 40 Indian cities, Ingram Micro - confirming the disclosure by Apple spokesperson - said in a recent statement that it will offer the newest Apple handset "at leading modern trade stores and retail outlets across India beginning Friday, November 2."
Meanwhile, about the iPhone 5 pricing in India, Redington said that the 16GB entry-level model of the handset will cost Rs 45,500; while the 32GB and 64GB variants will respectively be priced at Rs 52,500 and Rs 59,500.
Some of the key features of the notably thin and light iPhone 5 - which boasts Apple's dual-core A6 processor - include 4-inch display with 1136x640 pixel resolution; an 8-megapixel back camera with a sapphire crystal lens cover for `clearer pictures'; a 1.2-megapixel front-facing camera; and `Lightning' dock connector which is an eight-pin plug.
- Eversource Faces Stiff Challenge from ‘Society for the Protection of New Hampshire Forests’ over Burying Power Lines
- In Carolina Local Gas Prices Hits Lowest Levels in Years
- Brent Crude Drops Close to 2008 Low as Fresh Oil Glut Concerns Hit the Market
- Further Drop in California’s Unemployment Rate Reflects a Steady Economy
- Isis Pharmaceuticals Finally Decides to Change Name