JSW Energy, a group company of Jindal South West (JSW) group headed by Mr. Sajjan Jindal, has decided to establish 10 power plants with a capacity of 1350 MW in all in Rajasthan's Barmer district.
The company stated in a communiqué that the project is being implemented by Raj WestPower Ltd, a 100 per cent subsidiary of JSW energy Ltd, and would be completed in two phases.
Under the first phase, the project will generate capacity of 1080 MWs comprising 8 units of 135 MW each, while in the second phase, the capacity will be 270 MWs comprising of 2 units of 135 MWs each.
The first phase of project is expected to complete by October 2010, while the second phase will be completed by January 2013.
JSW Energy plans to hit the capital markets in the third week of October to raise around Rs 3000 crore through its IPO. The company will be the third power firm to go for a public issue this year after NHPC Ltd and Adani Power.
- The Robot-Snake Charger Designed by Tesla Could Scare you Along with Charging your Car
- Food Industry Consolidations Might be What Activist Investors are Expecting
- BOJ Unchanged About Upbeat Economic Assessment In Spite of Contraction Expected in April- June Quarter
- Friday’s US Jobs Report for July Is Expected to Show Strong Gains
- MH370 Debris Wash Ashore to an Indian Ocean Island