Indian handset maker, Micromax has increased the price of its highly popular Canvas HD smartphone, which was sold out immediately after its launch in the country.
The new Canvas HD smartphone comes with a host of impressive high tech features and specifications. The smartphone was completely sold out of the market within a week of its launch and has a waiting period of a month in the country. The company had priced the device at Rs. 13,999 at the time of its launch but the popularity of the device might have convinced the company to increase its price.
Micromax has now increased the price of the smartphone from Rs. 13,999 to Rs. 14,999 in India. Experts say that even if the increase was only Rs. 1000, the move shows that the company have been able to make history by being the first to increase the price of a handset after its launch as usually handset makers usually reduce the price of their devices post launch or best keep it at the same level.
It is believed that the demand for Micromax Canvas HD has not been affected by the increase in the prices in the country. Canvas HD comes with a 5-inch IPS LCD display and is powered by a powerful quad-core 1.2 GHz processor with 1 GB RAM. It has a 8 MP rear-end camera and a front-facing camera for video calling.
- Marathon Pharma to sell decades-old drug to treat DMD for $89,000
- FedEx Launches FedEx Fulfillment for Small Business to Compete with Amazon
- CDC updates 2017 advisory for recommended flu shots
- Coca-Cola Helped by Strong North American Demand but Company Issues Lackluster Future Guidance
- Women with dense breasts more likely to develop breast cancer: study