Indian handset maker, Micromax has increased the price of its highly popular Canvas HD smartphone, which was sold out immediately after its launch in the country.
The new Canvas HD smartphone comes with a host of impressive high tech features and specifications. The smartphone was completely sold out of the market within a week of its launch and has a waiting period of a month in the country. The company had priced the device at Rs. 13,999 at the time of its launch but the popularity of the device might have convinced the company to increase its price.
Micromax has now increased the price of the smartphone from Rs. 13,999 to Rs. 14,999 in India. Experts say that even if the increase was only Rs. 1000, the move shows that the company have been able to make history by being the first to increase the price of a handset after its launch as usually handset makers usually reduce the price of their devices post launch or best keep it at the same level.
It is believed that the demand for Micromax Canvas HD has not been affected by the increase in the prices in the country. Canvas HD comes with a 5-inch IPS LCD display and is powered by a powerful quad-core 1.2 GHz processor with 1 GB RAM. It has a 8 MP rear-end camera and a front-facing camera for video calling.
- The Robot-Snake Charger Designed by Tesla Could Scare you Along with Charging your Car
- Food Industry Consolidations Might be What Activist Investors are Expecting
- BOJ Unchanged About Upbeat Economic Assessment In Spite of Contraction Expected in April- June Quarter
- Friday’s US Jobs Report for July Is Expected to Show Strong Gains
- MH370 Debris Wash Ashore to an Indian Ocean Island