Sendhwa (Madhya Pradesh), Apr 16 : Small quantities of molten rock erupted near a habitation at Sendhwa near Indore, leaving neighbourhoods awestruck.
Locals said the eruption began with a small explosion on Tuesday causing a two-feel wide gap in the soil. The eruptions continued with less intensity on Wednesday with the lava cooling around causing a small hump like structure.
People from places in the vicinity rushed to the spot to watch the natural phenomenon.
"When I got to know about this volcano, we came here to see this. We saw that this vermilion coloured eruption coming out of the volcano. I have never seen something of this sort before. And after cooling, the lava turns black," said Sandeep Aggarwal.
Local administration on receiving the news immediately rushed to the spot.
Police cordoned off the area and fire brigade was called as a precautionary measure to meet possibility of fire breaking out.
The eruptions have considerably declined but the authorities are reportedly making arrangements for investigating the cause of the eruptions. (ANI)
- Toshiba, United Technologies ink agreement for global growth in HVAC solutions
- Google offers artificial personal assistant for users ready to give up personal info
- Apple launches iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus in India
- Google profits plunges 5 percent YOY, in Q3
- HCL Technologies Q1 Net up 32.3% at Rs 1,873 crore