New Delhi [India], Nov 27 : Healthcare e-commerce portal Netmeds has announced acquiring of Delhi-based hyper-local delivery app for health and medical needs, named Pluss.
"This acquisition makes a lot of sense for us, since it allows us to scale quicker, and shorten the delivery interval and improve efficiencies in Tier I metros. This has become even more incumbent upon us, as demonetization and the move to a cashless economy combined with a robust digital mobile consumerism fuel our growth. Most importantly, we further strengthen the Netmeds talent pool with people who bring on board a rich understanding of the space and technology," said CEO Netmeds, Pradeep Dadha.
"We were being courted by a couple of big players but when it was time to pick a team, we decided to go with the undisputed leader" said CEO and co-founder Pluss, Atit Jain.
As per future plans, Pluss operations, staff and facilities in Delhi will continue to exist but under the Netmeds banner. As part of talent augmentation strategy within the acquiring brand, certain key Pluss senior leaders will relocate to Chennai and work out of the Netmeds HQ.
The acquisition will bring Netmeds' head count to a total of about 450, and
double its penetration in the region. (ANI)
- Marathon Pharma to sell decades-old drug to treat DMD for $89,000
- FedEx Launches FedEx Fulfillment for Small Business to Compete with Amazon
- CDC updates 2017 advisory for recommended flu shots
- Coca-Cola Helped by Strong North American Demand but Company Issues Lackluster Future Guidance
- Women with dense breasts more likely to develop breast cancer: study