Indian Stock Market followed global stock market trend and continued the upside movement. BSE Sensex was up by 50 points at 19763 and NSE Nifty was above 6000 with a gain of 15 points. US markets closed positive on January 2 with Dow Jones gaining 2.3%, Nasdaq up by 3% and S&P higher by 2.4 per cent.
Among major gainers in today's early trading session were Dr Reddys Labs, Cairn India, Ambuja Cements, BPCL, IDFC, Tata Steel, ACC and Bharti Airtel. Among major losers in today's session were Tata Power, Lupin, PNB and Maruti Suzuki.
Technical analyst Sudarshan Sukhani has given buy call for Aurobindo Pharma and Yes Bank. ICICIdirect has given buy call for Jaiprakash Associates with target price of Rs 118.
Asian markets were trading positive. Indian Market is expected to close with small gains today. The market has been positive in the three trading sessions of year 2013.
- Eversource Faces Stiff Challenge from ‘Society for the Protection of New Hampshire Forests’ over Burying Power Lines
- In Carolina Local Gas Prices Hits Lowest Levels in Years
- Brent Crude Drops Close to 2008 Low as Fresh Oil Glut Concerns Hit the Market
- Further Drop in California’s Unemployment Rate Reflects a Steady Economy
- Isis Pharmaceuticals Finally Decides to Change Name