Indian Stock Market followed global stock market trend and continued the upside movement. BSE Sensex was up by 50 points at 19763 and NSE Nifty was above 6000 with a gain of 15 points. US markets closed positive on January 2 with Dow Jones gaining 2.3%, Nasdaq up by 3% and S&P higher by 2.4 per cent.
Among major gainers in today's early trading session were Dr Reddys Labs, Cairn India, Ambuja Cements, BPCL, IDFC, Tata Steel, ACC and Bharti Airtel. Among major losers in today's session were Tata Power, Lupin, PNB and Maruti Suzuki.
Technical analyst Sudarshan Sukhani has given buy call for Aurobindo Pharma and Yes Bank. ICICIdirect has given buy call for Jaiprakash Associates with target price of Rs 118.
Asian markets were trading positive. Indian Market is expected to close with small gains today. The market has been positive in the three trading sessions of year 2013.
- Marathon Pharma to sell decades-old drug to treat DMD for $89,000
- FedEx Launches FedEx Fulfillment for Small Business to Compete with Amazon
- CDC updates 2017 advisory for recommended flu shots
- Coca-Cola Helped by Strong North American Demand but Company Issues Lackluster Future Guidance
- Women with dense breasts more likely to develop breast cancer: study