The FIA Formula E Series and Kinetik announced collaboration on Friday that is all geared up to see the first autonomous motor racing series, starting in 2016. The new series have been named ROBORACE, which is going to follow the all-electric FIA Formula E series in the 2016-2017 season.
While talking about the motive behind the move, Denis Sverdlov, Founder of Kinetik and ROBORACE, said that they passionately believe that all vehicles in the world will be assisted by AI and powered by electricity in the coming time, which would improve environment and road safety.
Sverdlov added, “ROBORACE is a celebration of revolutionary technology and innovation that humanity has achieved in that area so far. It’s a global platform to show that robotic technologies and AI can co-exist with us in real life”. He mentioned that so anybody, who is at the verge of this transformation, has now got a platform to showcase the benefits of their driverless solutions, which shall be boosting the development of the technology.
Every ROBORACE, which would be one hour long, is going to be held prior to each Formula E race wherein 20 cars will be competing in total.
There will be 10 different teams to field the cars, which will give two cars apiece. But, the twist is that every car on the grid will be indistinguishable.
The real-time computing algorithms and AI technologies of a team would determine whether a team has won or lost the race.
- Marathon Pharma to sell decades-old drug to treat DMD for $89,000
- FedEx Launches FedEx Fulfillment for Small Business to Compete with Amazon
- CDC updates 2017 advisory for recommended flu shots
- Coca-Cola Helped by Strong North American Demand but Company Issues Lackluster Future Guidance
- Women with dense breasts more likely to develop breast cancer: study