In a move which marks the expansion of the Windows 8-based touch-screen laptop line offered by Samsung, the company revealed in a recent announcement that its selection of Windows 8 touch laptops will now boast two new additions --- the Series 7 Chronos and Series 7 Ultra PCs.
The addition of the two mentioned devices broadens Samsung's range of Windows 8 touch-screen laptops, which thus far included only the Series 5 Ultrabook that the company launched in coincidence with the late-October launch of Microsoft's latest Windows 8 operating system. The new Windows 8 touch laptops will be on display next week at the CES event.
The Series 7 Chronos touch laptop running the Windows OS will boast a 15.6-inch screen, with the laptop's processor being a Core i7, with AMD Radeon HD 8870M Graphics with 2GB GDDR5 Graphic Memory.
In addition, the 5.18-pound Series 7 Chronos will also feature a technology dubbed `RAMaccelerator' which reportedly accelerates browsing and all running apps by up to as much as 150 percent. Moreover, along with a battery life rated at 11 hours, the Chronos will also have a hard disk with storage up to 1TB.
The other Windows 8 touch laptop, the 3.6-pound Series 7 Ultra, will have a 13.3-inch touch screen with 1,920 x 1,080 full HD resolution; an Intel Core i5 or i7 processor; AMD HD8570M graphics; 16 GB RAM; a solid-state drive, with up to 256GB of storage; 4G LTE capability; and eight-hour battery life.
- Marathon Pharma to sell decades-old drug to treat DMD for $89,000
- FedEx Launches FedEx Fulfillment for Small Business to Compete with Amazon
- CDC updates 2017 advisory for recommended flu shots
- Coca-Cola Helped by Strong North American Demand but Company Issues Lackluster Future Guidance
- Women with dense breasts more likely to develop breast cancer: study