New Delhi, Feb 19 : A group of 20 students from one of the remotest places called Sajiktampak in Manipur called on Union Home Secretary R. K. Singh here on Tuesday.
Welcoming the students, Singh expressed hope that this meeting will go a long way in helping them understand this vast country.
The students are on a national integration tour being conducted by Assam Rifles to promote harmony and awareness in the area.
The tour is aimed at integrating the youth with the nation and promoting concept of unity in diversity.
These students will also visit Agra and Kaziranga before returning home.
Assam Rifles conducts such tours to showcase the richness and varied culture of the country to the students haling from far-flung areas of North East. (ANI)
- Scientists say death of a partner may cause an actual ‘heartbreak’
- Trump Criticizes Ford’s Move of Building a New Assembly Plant in Mexico
- Reportedly Pfizer and Allergan Plan to End Merger Deal with New Stricter Tax Rules
- Dollar Close to Its Seventeen Month Low Against the Yen
- Iceland’s Prime Minister Resigns after Panama Paper Leak