New Delhi, Feb 19 : A group of 20 students from one of the remotest places called Sajiktampak in Manipur called on Union Home Secretary R. K. Singh here on Tuesday.
Welcoming the students, Singh expressed hope that this meeting will go a long way in helping them understand this vast country.
The students are on a national integration tour being conducted by Assam Rifles to promote harmony and awareness in the area.
The tour is aimed at integrating the youth with the nation and promoting concept of unity in diversity.
These students will also visit Agra and Kaziranga before returning home.
Assam Rifles conducts such tours to showcase the richness and varied culture of the country to the students haling from far-flung areas of North East. (ANI)
- The Robot-Snake Charger Designed by Tesla Could Scare you Along with Charging your Car
- Food Industry Consolidations Might be What Activist Investors are Expecting
- BOJ Unchanged About Upbeat Economic Assessment In Spite of Contraction Expected in April- June Quarter
- Friday’s US Jobs Report for July Is Expected to Show Strong Gains
- MH370 Debris Wash Ashore to an Indian Ocean Island