New Delhi, Feb 19 : A group of 20 students from one of the remotest places called Sajiktampak in Manipur called on Union Home Secretary R. K. Singh here on Tuesday.
Welcoming the students, Singh expressed hope that this meeting will go a long way in helping them understand this vast country.
The students are on a national integration tour being conducted by Assam Rifles to promote harmony and awareness in the area.
The tour is aimed at integrating the youth with the nation and promoting concept of unity in diversity.
These students will also visit Agra and Kaziranga before returning home.
Assam Rifles conducts such tours to showcase the richness and varied culture of the country to the students haling from far-flung areas of North East. (ANI)
- Eversource Faces Stiff Challenge from ‘Society for the Protection of New Hampshire Forests’ over Burying Power Lines
- In Carolina Local Gas Prices Hits Lowest Levels in Years
- Brent Crude Drops Close to 2008 Low as Fresh Oil Glut Concerns Hit the Market
- Further Drop in California’s Unemployment Rate Reflects a Steady Economy
- Isis Pharmaceuticals Finally Decides to Change Name