Havana, Feb 5 : Thousands of new cases of skin cancer are being reported in Cuba, a health official warned.
Around 5,000 new skin cancer cases are reported each year in the Caribbean island, said Olaine Gray of the public health ministry at an annual national skin cancer awareness campaign on World Cancer Day.
The main causes of the increase in skin cancer cases include Cuba's geographical location, its ageing population, and the increasing popularity of tanning, according to Gray.
The thinning of the protective ozone layer and a decrease in cloud cover were allowing more cancer-causing ultraviolet radiation to come through, he said. (IANS)
TV Shows and Politics
- Sunny Leone's Item Song 'Laila Teri Legi'
- Sunny Leone refused permission by DTCM to Perform in Dubai
- Salman Khan's Link Up with Daisy Shah; Media Again Making stories on His New Affair
- How much do Indian celebrities film stars charge for an event or a public appearance?
- Famous Television Series POLICE FILES on BIG MAGIC channel