Melbourne, Jan 26 : Defending champion Stanislas Wawrinka exhibited a power packed performance to overcome his Spanish opponent Guillermo Garcia-Lopez in tight four sets to advance to the quarter-finals of Australian Open in Melbourne.
Avenging last year's French Open loss, the fourth seeded trounced Lopez 7-6(2), 6-4, 4-6, 7-6(8) to book his place in the last eight.
Moreover, fifth seeded Kei Nishikori cruised into the quarterfinals with a 6-3, 6-3, 6-3 victory over his Spanish opponent David Ferrer.
Wawrinka will now face his U. S Open nemesis Kei Nishikori to book a semifinal berth. (ANI)
- Marathon Pharma to sell decades-old drug to treat DMD for $89,000
- FedEx Launches FedEx Fulfillment for Small Business to Compete with Amazon
- CDC updates 2017 advisory for recommended flu shots
- Coca-Cola Helped by Strong North American Demand but Company Issues Lackluster Future Guidance
- Women with dense breasts more likely to develop breast cancer: study