Vadodara, Oct 24 : Indian batsman Yuvraj Singh is a doubtful starter for the opening game of the seven-match ODI series against Australia on Sunday after failing to recover from a finger injury.
Yuvraj had injured a finger during the Champions Trophy held in South Africa last month.
Selectors anticipated that he would recover soon following which he was been named in the 15-player squad to play in the series.
“All I can say is that Yuvraj will surely be available for the second match,” skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni told a news conference on Saturday.
India is already under threat after injury scares to Dhoni, Gautam Ghambir and Suresh Raina at practice.
Dhoni would also be missing the service of bowling spearhead Zaheer Khan, who is recovering from a left-shoulder injury.
While, Australia has arrived in India without vice captain Michael Clarke- recovering from a back injury, first choice wicketkeeper Brad Haddin- undergoing rehabilitation after a finger surgery and left-arm paceman Nathan Bracken. (ANI)
- Microsoft to close MSN service in China by October 31
- 8 out of 10 consumers have privacy concerns over wearable devices
- Crashed Instagram leads users to lash out on Twitter
- Social media users likelier to shirk from discussing important issues offline
- Now, 'safely' send messages while driving with Nissan's messaging assistant