Aurobindo Pharma Limited, one of the country’s leading pharmaceutical companies has received the tentative approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, to manufacture and market Losartan Potassium tablets in multiple strengths.
Losartan Potassium tablets are generic equivalent of Merck Research Laboratories’ Cozaar in dosage of 25mg, 50mg and 100mg. The drug is used alone or in combination with other medications to treat high blood pressure.
The sales of Losartan tablets were $1, 235 million for the year ended December 2007, according to an official statement.
Yesterday, the company received tentative approval from the US Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) to market Efavirenz tablets, in the strength of 600 mg.
- Toshiba, United Technologies ink agreement for global growth in HVAC solutions
- Google offers artificial personal assistant for users ready to give up personal info
- Apple launches iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus in India
- Google profits plunges 5 percent YOY, in Q3
- HCL Technologies Q1 Net up 32.3% at Rs 1,873 crore