Buenos Aires - A Bible stopped a bullet and saved a pastor's life in an attempted mugging in Argentina's Mendoza province, the news agency DyN reported Thursday, citing police sources.
When the protestant minister was unable to produce any money - he only had a few pesos on him in addition to his Bible - one of the two muggers lost his cool and shot him from point-blank range.
The pastor held up his Bible to protect himself and the hard cover stopped the bullet.
The victim suffered only minor injuries. The two muggers fled the scene.(dpa)
- Marathon Pharma to sell decades-old drug to treat DMD for $89,000
- FedEx Launches FedEx Fulfillment for Small Business to Compete with Amazon
- CDC updates 2017 advisory for recommended flu shots
- Coca-Cola Helped by Strong North American Demand but Company Issues Lackluster Future Guidance
- Women with dense breasts more likely to develop breast cancer: study