Buenos Aires - A Bible stopped a bullet and saved a pastor's life in an attempted mugging in Argentina's Mendoza province, the news agency DyN reported Thursday, citing police sources.
When the protestant minister was unable to produce any money - he only had a few pesos on him in addition to his Bible - one of the two muggers lost his cool and shot him from point-blank range.
The pastor held up his Bible to protect himself and the hard cover stopped the bullet.
The victim suffered only minor injuries. The two muggers fled the scene.(dpa)
- Scientists say death of a partner may cause an actual ‘heartbreak’
- Trump Criticizes Ford’s Move of Building a New Assembly Plant in Mexico
- Reportedly Pfizer and Allergan Plan to End Merger Deal with New Stricter Tax Rules
- Dollar Close to Its Seventeen Month Low Against the Yen
- Iceland’s Prime Minister Resigns after Panama Paper Leak