New York, Sep 15 : Actress Cameron Diaz and New York Yankees slugger Alex Rodriguez have broken up again so that they can both focus on their careers, the online edition of US Weekly reported Wednesday.
"They broke up recently," a source close to A-Rod told the magazine.
The source said that the 39-year-old star of films such as "There's Something About Mary" and "Bad Teacher", is "very busy with her career", while Rodriguez, 36, has "had injuries and wants to focus on his game".
"They're dedicated professionals," said the same person, adding that the actress and ballplayer are "still very friendly and like each other".
The couple have already gone through several breakups during their relationship, the last one in June, after which they reconciled.
Rodriguez, who divorced his wife Cynthia in 2008 and who then began a relationship with singer Madonna, began going out with Diaz a year ago, when he decided to celebrate his feat of becoming the youngest ballplayer in history to hit 600 homers by taking a helicopter ride over New York accompanied by her and her friend Gwyneth Paltrow.
They kept their relationship secret for months, but they were seen together at the NFL Super Bowl in Dallas and then on vacation in Mexico, as well as on several other occasions in New York.(IANS/EFE)
- T-Mobile, Blackberry spat escalates over iPhone offer to BB users
- Microsoft to advance Windows Phone 8 with Cortana
- Adobe reissues emergency patch for Adobe Flash, Internet Explorer
- Nagarro achieves second Microsoft gold collaboration, content competency certification
- Google's new Tango smartphone can 'learn and map world around it'