The Economic Offences Wing of the Delhi Police is likely to take Ulhas Prabhakar Khaire and Raksha J Urs, the couple behind the Stock Guru scam to Ratnagiri in Maharashtra in order to collect more information and conduct raids in their premises.
The couple, who come from Ratnagiri district, attracted innocent investors and savers with unbelievable investment schemes and held lavish conferences at luxury hotels. The couple is believed to have cheated 2 lakh people across the country and have collected a whooping Rs500 crore.
The couple was arrested by the EOW of the Delhi police on Monday. The police said that the couple had multiple identities and used several names such as Lokeshwar Dev (Khaire) and Priyanka Dev (Urs). The police found that the couple was involved in several cases in Maharashtra, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and Sikkim. The couple had floated an investment company called Stock Guru India and registered it in Delhi.
The police are now planning to raid11 other properties of the couple. The EOW of the Delhi police will also write to write to the Enforcement Directorate and Serious Fraud Investigation Office after carrying out further investigations.
- Scientists say death of a partner may cause an actual ‘heartbreak’
- Trump Criticizes Ford’s Move of Building a New Assembly Plant in Mexico
- Reportedly Pfizer and Allergan Plan to End Merger Deal with New Stricter Tax Rules
- Dollar Close to Its Seventeen Month Low Against the Yen
- Iceland’s Prime Minister Resigns after Panama Paper Leak