Washington, Feb 28 : Apple has been slapped with a lawsuit by Ericsson over alleged violation of 41 patents that essentially apply to iPhone and iPad sales.
According to Tech Crunch, Ericsson, the pioneering wireless technology has filed suit against Apple both with the International Trade Commission (ITC) and the US District Court for the Eastern District of Texas.
The company has claimed in the lawsuit that these include patents related to 2G and LTE tech and also non-standard patents dealing with software and component hardware design, the report said.
Ericsson has requested the barring of sale of Apple devices in the filing.
The move is seen as an attempt by Ericsson to seek damages from Apple. (ANI)
- Marathon Pharma to sell decades-old drug to treat DMD for $89,000
- FedEx Launches FedEx Fulfillment for Small Business to Compete with Amazon
- CDC updates 2017 advisory for recommended flu shots
- Coca-Cola Helped by Strong North American Demand but Company Issues Lackluster Future Guidance
- Women with dense breasts more likely to develop breast cancer: study