At least 200 residents in Bucks County were evacuated on Sunday after a gas leaked at an apartment in the area.
Police said in a statement that a transformer blew out and compromised a gas line shortly after 12 p.m. Sunday.
For safety precautions, authorities evacuated Chesterfield Apartments. According to police, PECO determined that residents could re-enter about an hour or two later, but residents in about 72 apartments were displaced.
The American Red Cross is assisting those displaced. Police say the issue is expected to be resolved early Sunday evening or early Monday.
A PECO representative said the gas and electric service was shut off immediately after the odor was detected. Crews are currently on scene trying to find the source, it added.