The Indian arm of renowned luxury car maker General Motors (GM) has announced that it would launch a new multi-purpose vehicle, dubbed the Enjoy, in the country by the end of current year.
P. Balendran, Corporate Affairs Vice-President at General Motors India, said that the pricing for the Enjoy would be decided on the market conditions before the time of vehicle.
However, he hinted that the Enjoy would be priced below rival manufacturer Toyota's Innova and on par with the country's leading car manufacturer Maruti's Ertiga.
Balendran, who was speaking to reporters on the sideline of the launch of Chevrolet Sail U-VA, also said that the company would also introduce one more sedan model by the end of current year.
He further said that the company would continue to launch new models in India despite the unpleasant conditions in the car market just to create an enthusiasm in the market.
The company aims to sell around 4,000 units of the newly launched Chevrolet Sail U-VA premium hatch back vehicles per month in the Indian market.
Lowell Paddock, President & Managing Director of General Motors, said the Sail U-VA hatchback was a significant addition to the company's small car portfolio for the Indian market.
- IBM Watson’s Uses Artificial Intelligence techniques to Teach Robots Better Understand Human Communication
- Haggen Grocery Chain Wants Permission to Shutter Hundred More Stores
- New-Home Sales in the U.S. Increased in August by 5.7 Percent
- Federal Reserve Chair, Janet Yellen Feels Dehydrated during Speech; Gets Medical Attention
- Sanford C. Bernstein Reaffirms ‘Market Perform’ Rating for Lockheed Martin