Narain Karthikeyan has launched the new Formula 2000 car at an event in Chennai to a cheep of hundreds of motor enthusiasts.
The Hispania Racing Team (HRT) driver drove the 2000cc MRF Formula car
within the Express Avenue mall in the southern city showcasing the
vehicle to fans. The car will take part in the first MRF Challenge 2012
at the Buddh International Circuit (BIC) in Greater Noida.
The MRF Formula 2000 is developed by Jayem Automobiles in Coimbatore in
association with Italys Automobili Dallara. The car is powered by
210BHP racing engines with six-speed sequential gearbox, which are
supplied by the Renault-Sports of France.
The powerful two litre engine is as per the specifications for Formula
3 cars. Karthikeyan expressed his satisfaction with the finished
vehicle and said that the engine used is at par with European
The MRF Formula 2000, which is a support race to the Indian Grand Prix,
will be the fastest singleseater series in Asia and will provide
opportunities to Indian drivers. The championship is set to begin on
October 27 and 28. The second round is scheduled for December 1 and 2
as a support race for the FIA GT1 championship while the final two
rounds will be held in Chennai with a round on February 1 and 3 and
another one on the 8th and 10th of February.
- The Robot-Snake Charger Designed by Tesla Could Scare you Along with Charging your Car
- Food Industry Consolidations Might be What Activist Investors are Expecting
- BOJ Unchanged About Upbeat Economic Assessment In Spite of Contraction Expected in April- June Quarter
- Friday’s US Jobs Report for July Is Expected to Show Strong Gains
- MH370 Debris Wash Ashore to an Indian Ocean Island