The Directorate of Forensic Science Laboratory has added another feather to its cap by commencing the formal inauguration of the Gujarat Forensic Science University (GFSU) at the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIMA) on Tuesday.
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the university, in the presence of Gujarat High Court Chief Justice Radhakrishnan.
Modi claimed that the university is the first-of-its-kind in the world.
On this occasion, M. S. Dahiya's book: Crime Scene Management - A Scientific Approach was also released.
The university has been set up at Gandhinagar.
The university offers three new courses. These are: Forensic nanotechnology, Investigative psychology and Forensic nursing.
Over 500 students had applied for 103 seats in inaugural year of the university.
- The Robot-Snake Charger Designed by Tesla Could Scare you Along with Charging your Car
- Food Industry Consolidations Might be What Activist Investors are Expecting
- BOJ Unchanged About Upbeat Economic Assessment In Spite of Contraction Expected in April- June Quarter
- Friday’s US Jobs Report for July Is Expected to Show Strong Gains
- MH370 Debris Wash Ashore to an Indian Ocean Island