The Directorate of Forensic Science Laboratory has added another feather to its cap by commencing the formal inauguration of the Gujarat Forensic Science University (GFSU) at the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIMA) on Tuesday.
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the university, in the presence of Gujarat High Court Chief Justice Radhakrishnan.
Modi claimed that the university is the first-of-its-kind in the world.
On this occasion, M. S. Dahiya's book: Crime Scene Management - A Scientific Approach was also released.
The university has been set up at Gandhinagar.
The university offers three new courses. These are: Forensic nanotechnology, Investigative psychology and Forensic nursing.
Over 500 students had applied for 103 seats in inaugural year of the university.
- Toshiba, United Technologies ink agreement for global growth in HVAC solutions
- Google offers artificial personal assistant for users ready to give up personal info
- Apple launches iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus in India
- Google profits plunges 5 percent YOY, in Q3
- HCL Technologies Q1 Net up 32.3% at Rs 1,873 crore