The Directorate of Forensic Science Laboratory has added another feather to its cap by commencing the formal inauguration of the Gujarat Forensic Science University (GFSU) at the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIMA) on Tuesday.
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the university, in the presence of Gujarat High Court Chief Justice Radhakrishnan.
Modi claimed that the university is the first-of-its-kind in the world.
On this occasion, M. S. Dahiya's book: Crime Scene Management - A Scientific Approach was also released.
The university has been set up at Gandhinagar.
The university offers three new courses. These are: Forensic nanotechnology, Investigative psychology and Forensic nursing.
Over 500 students had applied for 103 seats in inaugural year of the university.
- Reportedly Pfizer and Allergan Considering a Combination
- Ted Cruz Unveils Flat Tax Plan, Says it will Spur Economic Growth
- Samsung’s Business Moving in the Right Direction; Quarterly Profits Surpass Estimates
- Feds December Rate Hike Agenda Pushes Dollar to 2-1/2-months High
- Comcast Corp Reports Gain in Q3 Revenue