The Directorate of Forensic Science Laboratory has added another feather to its cap by commencing the formal inauguration of the Gujarat Forensic Science University (GFSU) at the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIMA) on Tuesday.
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the university, in the presence of Gujarat High Court Chief Justice Radhakrishnan.
Modi claimed that the university is the first-of-its-kind in the world.
On this occasion, M. S. Dahiya's book: Crime Scene Management - A Scientific Approach was also released.
The university has been set up at Gandhinagar.
The university offers three new courses. These are: Forensic nanotechnology, Investigative psychology and Forensic nursing.
Over 500 students had applied for 103 seats in inaugural year of the university.
- Microsoft to close MSN service in China by October 31
- 8 out of 10 consumers have privacy concerns over wearable devices
- Crashed Instagram leads users to lash out on Twitter
- Social media users likelier to shirk from discussing important issues offline
- Now, 'safely' send messages while driving with Nissan's messaging assistant