The Directorate of Forensic Science Laboratory has added another feather to its cap by commencing the formal inauguration of the Gujarat Forensic Science University (GFSU) at the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIMA) on Tuesday.
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the university, in the presence of Gujarat High Court Chief Justice Radhakrishnan.
Modi claimed that the university is the first-of-its-kind in the world.
On this occasion, M. S. Dahiya's book: Crime Scene Management - A Scientific Approach was also released.
The university has been set up at Gandhinagar.
The university offers three new courses. These are: Forensic nanotechnology, Investigative psychology and Forensic nursing.
Over 500 students had applied for 103 seats in inaugural year of the university.
- IBM Watson’s Uses Artificial Intelligence techniques to Teach Robots Better Understand Human Communication
- Haggen Grocery Chain Wants Permission to Shutter Hundred More Stores
- New-Home Sales in the U.S. Increased in August by 5.7 Percent
- Federal Reserve Chair, Janet Yellen Feels Dehydrated during Speech; Gets Medical Attention
- Sanford C. Bernstein Reaffirms ‘Market Perform’ Rating for Lockheed Martin