Fresno (California), Aug. 20 :Charanjit Singh Bath, a farmer and an entrepreneur from Punjab, has done the Sikhs proud by being the largest grower of raisins not just in the United States, but the world.
Charanjit Singh Bath, the Raisin grower, narrates how before venturing into grapes farming he worked with other growers and picked up various skills related to grapes farming. It included learning about how to get the farm ready, cultivating etcetera.
"I started my own farming in 1969 with 50 acres of land and today I grow grapes on 14,000 acres out of which 10,000 acres is owned by me and the rest is on lease," says Singh.
"As an individual, I am the biggest producer of raisins in the world," claimed Bath.
- Toshiba, United Technologies ink agreement for global growth in HVAC solutions
- Google offers artificial personal assistant for users ready to give up personal info
- Apple launches iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus in India
- Google profits plunges 5 percent YOY, in Q3
- HCL Technologies Q1 Net up 32.3% at Rs 1,873 crore