Vadodra, Feb 13 : All India Congress Committee (AICC) General Secretary Rahul Gandhi met youths applying for membership of the Youth Congress on Friday.
He also visited the Maharaja Sayajirao University (MSU).
The youths expressed their keenness to apply for membership of the Youth Congress.
"We have come here to fill up the membership forms of Youth Congress. Rahul said that if more youths came forward to join the Youth Congress then only will the party become strong and that our country needed young leaders," said Sudha Patel, an applicant.
On the sidelines of the Youth Congress membership drive, Rahul visited the Department of Science at the MSU and met students.
Rahul engaged in a friendly chitchat with all of them over snacks and tea.
"We got an opportunity to shake hands with him, but it would be better if he gives a lecture here. We all are looking forward to it," said Varsha Dave, a student.
MSU authorities had denied Rahul permission to interact with its students on Thursday. (ANI)
- Case against Google for collecting classified data: Govt
- Microsoft launches 'most affordable' Lumia smartphone at Rs 7,349
- Apple iOS found most secure mobile operating system against spywares: Report
- Ericsson wins Vodafone India's contract for payment solutions
- Microsoft launches low budget 'Nokia 130' for just NZD 30