New Delhi [India], Feb 1 : The market on Wednesday opened on a flattish note with the Budget day ahead.
The Sensex traded up 16.91 points at 27672.87 and the Nifty traded up 8.20 points at 8569.50.
Shares such as Lupin, SBI, Adani Ports, Hero Moto and Wipro were among the major gainers while ICICI Bank, Infosys, TCS and Sun Pharma were among the losers in the Sensex.
The Indian rupee gained in the opening trade. It opened higher by 22 paise at 67.65 per dollar against previous close 67.87.
With the final countdown of the Budget, all eyes today are on the Finance Minister Arun Jaitley, who is expected to project taxes and spending post demonetisation.
As per the market analysts, the Budget 2017 is likely to have a pro-poor focus. It will watch for govt's FY18 fiscal deficit target, divestment plans, announcement on the taxation front among others.
Further, the market expects the govt. to relax its FY18 fiscal deficit target of three percent. (ANI)
- Marathon Pharma to sell decades-old drug to treat DMD for $89,000
- FedEx Launches FedEx Fulfillment for Small Business to Compete with Amazon
- CDC updates 2017 advisory for recommended flu shots
- Coca-Cola Helped by Strong North American Demand but Company Issues Lackluster Future Guidance
- Women with dense breasts more likely to develop breast cancer: study