Gaza - The central United Nations compound in the Gaza Strip has been hit in the fighting between Hamas and the Israeli military.
A nearby fire is spreading towards the compound, which houses large fuel reserves to allow the humanitarian agencies to carry out their work.
The UN has suspended all work in the area.
The Israeli military had no immediate comment.
Last week the Israeli military held talks with the UN during which it committed its troops to preserving the neutrality of the UN and the safety of the staff. (dpa)
- Microsoft to close MSN service in China by October 31
- 8 out of 10 consumers have privacy concerns over wearable devices
- Crashed Instagram leads users to lash out on Twitter
- Social media users likelier to shirk from discussing important issues offline
- Now, 'safely' send messages while driving with Nissan's messaging assistant