Gaza - The central United Nations compound in the Gaza Strip has been hit in the fighting between Hamas and the Israeli military.
A nearby fire is spreading towards the compound, which houses large fuel reserves to allow the humanitarian agencies to carry out their work.
The UN has suspended all work in the area.
The Israeli military had no immediate comment.
Last week the Israeli military held talks with the UN during which it committed its troops to preserving the neutrality of the UN and the safety of the staff. (dpa)
- Case against Google for collecting classified data: Govt
- Microsoft launches 'most affordable' Lumia smartphone at Rs 7,349
- Apple iOS found most secure mobile operating system against spywares: Report
- Ericsson wins Vodafone India's contract for payment solutions
- Microsoft launches low budget 'Nokia 130' for just NZD 30