Actor Aamir Khan has decided to resign from the committee formed to review the proposed amendments in the copyright act.
Aamir is upset as most of his suggestions were not accepted by other members and he recently had a bitter public clash with Javed Akhtar after he passed a bold comment in front of the writer.
Aamir had reportedly said that the lyrics don't really contribute much to the success of the song but it depends on the stars it is pasteurized on. The public war of words was unusual for a star that usually distances himself from controversies and the writer who is very well behaved in the public eye.
The committee was formed on January 4 after a meeting with Human Resources Development Minister Kapil Sibal. It included Javed Akhtar, Boney Kapoor, Mukesh Bhatt, Vishal Bharadwaj, Vishal Dadlani, Prasoon Joshi, Anjum Rajabli, Madhu Manthena and Bhushan Kumar.
Aamir was the only actor to be included in the committee. The actor usually works with full dedication after he picks up a task however, after reading some of the media reports he decided to send his resignation to Kapil Sibal yesterday.
The actor wrote "I cannot make any meaningful contribution in this atmosphere. Aggression of this type leaves me feeling very disillusioned and sad and I am unable to function."
On the issue of copyrights most people believe that the writers should be given their due. Aamir praised Mr. Sibal for making over due efforts to bring the change in the Copyright Act.
- The Robot-Snake Charger Designed by Tesla Could Scare you Along with Charging your Car
- Food Industry Consolidations Might be What Activist Investors are Expecting
- BOJ Unchanged About Upbeat Economic Assessment In Spite of Contraction Expected in April- June Quarter
- Friday’s US Jobs Report for July Is Expected to Show Strong Gains
- MH370 Debris Wash Ashore to an Indian Ocean Island