Country's Olympic candidate Deepika Kumari pocketed her initial World Cup individual recurve gold medal on May 05 at Antalya, Turkey.
Deepika Kumari defeated Korea's Lee Sung Jin by 6 set points to four in the closing of the Phase 2 of the contest.
As per information obtained in Kolkata, teenager Deepika gained the second set (29-27), third (27-26) and the fifth (28-27) whilst missing the first (27-30) and the fourth (27-29).
Ms. Deepika, who has already qualified for London Olympics, is the current junior world champ and a gold medalist at the Delhi Commonwealth Games.
Kumari had also bagged the Cadet World Title in the year 2009.
Mr. Vijay Kumar Malhotra, Archery Association of India chief and Indian Olympic Association acting president, felicitated Deepika Kumari on her success today.
Mr. Malhotra stated, "Beating a Korea in the final is a great achievement. It's another feather in her cap. I hope she does well in the Olympics."
TV Shows and Politics
- Sunny Leone's Item Song 'Laila Teri Legi'
- Sunny Leone refused permission by DTCM to Perform in Dubai
- Salman Khan's Link Up with Daisy Shah; Media Again Making stories on His New Affair
- How much do Indian celebrities film stars charge for an event or a public appearance?
- Famous Television Series POLICE FILES on BIG MAGIC channel