A Jharkhand Court has issued a fresh non-bailable arrest warrant against Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray.
The NBW was issued after Raj failed to appear in court in connection with a case pertaining to his alleged derogatory remarks over 'chhat' festival.
Judicial Magistrate A K Tiwari issued the warrant and asked the Mumbai police commissioner to execute the order.
Next hearing will be held on 18 Dec.
Raj's counsel argued that he could not appear in person on security grounds.
However, the judge rejected Thackeray's petition for his appearance through lawyers.
- Scientists say death of a partner may cause an actual ‘heartbreak’
- Trump Criticizes Ford’s Move of Building a New Assembly Plant in Mexico
- Reportedly Pfizer and Allergan Plan to End Merger Deal with New Stricter Tax Rules
- Dollar Close to Its Seventeen Month Low Against the Yen
- Iceland’s Prime Minister Resigns after Panama Paper Leak