A Jharkhand Court has issued a fresh non-bailable arrest warrant against Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray.
The NBW was issued after Raj failed to appear in court in connection with a case pertaining to his alleged derogatory remarks over 'chhat' festival.
Judicial Magistrate A K Tiwari issued the warrant and asked the Mumbai police commissioner to execute the order.
Next hearing will be held on 18 Dec.
Raj's counsel argued that he could not appear in person on security grounds.
However, the judge rejected Thackeray's petition for his appearance through lawyers.
- The Robot-Snake Charger Designed by Tesla Could Scare you Along with Charging your Car
- Food Industry Consolidations Might be What Activist Investors are Expecting
- BOJ Unchanged About Upbeat Economic Assessment In Spite of Contraction Expected in April- June Quarter
- Friday’s US Jobs Report for July Is Expected to Show Strong Gains
- MH370 Debris Wash Ashore to an Indian Ocean Island