A Jharkhand Court has issued a fresh non-bailable arrest warrant against Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray.
The NBW was issued after Raj failed to appear in court in connection with a case pertaining to his alleged derogatory remarks over 'chhat' festival.
Judicial Magistrate A K Tiwari issued the warrant and asked the Mumbai police commissioner to execute the order.
Next hearing will be held on 18 Dec.
Raj's counsel argued that he could not appear in person on security grounds.
However, the judge rejected Thackeray's petition for his appearance through lawyers.
- ANA introduces WiFi service on international routes
- Toshiba, NTT to provide data center and cloud computing service to global customers
- Samsung most preferred amongst Android gadgets: Report
- Microsoft's ranking slides down to 24th on Fortune's 2014 most admired list
- Google to allow Indian SME’s to go online