A Jharkhand Court has issued a fresh non-bailable arrest warrant against Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray.
The NBW was issued after Raj failed to appear in court in connection with a case pertaining to his alleged derogatory remarks over 'chhat' festival.
Judicial Magistrate A K Tiwari issued the warrant and asked the Mumbai police commissioner to execute the order.
Next hearing will be held on 18 Dec.
Raj's counsel argued that he could not appear in person on security grounds.
However, the judge rejected Thackeray's petition for his appearance through lawyers.
- Reportedly Pfizer and Allergan Considering a Combination
- Ted Cruz Unveils Flat Tax Plan, Says it will Spur Economic Growth
- Samsung’s Business Moving in the Right Direction; Quarterly Profits Surpass Estimates
- Feds December Rate Hike Agenda Pushes Dollar to 2-1/2-months High
- Comcast Corp Reports Gain in Q3 Revenue