Kassel, Germany - German-Croat author Marica Bodrozic was awarded the German Language Culture Prize on Saturday.
The jury honoured the 35-year-old author for her "sensitive and touching reflections on the rich source of expression offered to her by the German language."
Despite not starting to learn German until the age of 10, she produces "enchanting texts" in her second mother tongue, the citation said.
The prize is worth 5,000 euros (6,500 dollars). (dpa)
- Toshiba, United Technologies ink agreement for global growth in HVAC solutions
- Google offers artificial personal assistant for users ready to give up personal info
- Apple launches iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus in India
- Google profits plunges 5 percent YOY, in Q3
- HCL Technologies Q1 Net up 32.3% at Rs 1,873 crore