Kassel, Germany - German-Croat author Marica Bodrozic was awarded the German Language Culture Prize on Saturday.
The jury honoured the 35-year-old author for her "sensitive and touching reflections on the rich source of expression offered to her by the German language."
Despite not starting to learn German until the age of 10, she produces "enchanting texts" in her second mother tongue, the citation said.
The prize is worth 5,000 euros (6,500 dollars). (dpa)
- The Robot-Snake Charger Designed by Tesla Could Scare you Along with Charging your Car
- Food Industry Consolidations Might be What Activist Investors are Expecting
- BOJ Unchanged About Upbeat Economic Assessment In Spite of Contraction Expected in April- June Quarter
- Friday’s US Jobs Report for July Is Expected to Show Strong Gains
- MH370 Debris Wash Ashore to an Indian Ocean Island