Kassel, Germany - German-Croat author Marica Bodrozic was awarded the German Language Culture Prize on Saturday.
The jury honoured the 35-year-old author for her "sensitive and touching reflections on the rich source of expression offered to her by the German language."
Despite not starting to learn German until the age of 10, she produces "enchanting texts" in her second mother tongue, the citation said.
The prize is worth 5,000 euros (6,500 dollars). (dpa)
- Scientists say death of a partner may cause an actual ‘heartbreak’
- Trump Criticizes Ford’s Move of Building a New Assembly Plant in Mexico
- Reportedly Pfizer and Allergan Plan to End Merger Deal with New Stricter Tax Rules
- Dollar Close to Its Seventeen Month Low Against the Yen
- Iceland’s Prime Minister Resigns after Panama Paper Leak