Kassel, Germany - German-Croat author Marica Bodrozic was awarded the German Language Culture Prize on Saturday.
The jury honoured the 35-year-old author for her "sensitive and touching reflections on the rich source of expression offered to her by the German language."
Despite not starting to learn German until the age of 10, she produces "enchanting texts" in her second mother tongue, the citation said.
The prize is worth 5,000 euros (6,500 dollars). (dpa)
- Eversource Faces Stiff Challenge from ‘Society for the Protection of New Hampshire Forests’ over Burying Power Lines
- In Carolina Local Gas Prices Hits Lowest Levels in Years
- Brent Crude Drops Close to 2008 Low as Fresh Oil Glut Concerns Hit the Market
- Further Drop in California’s Unemployment Rate Reflects a Steady Economy
- Isis Pharmaceuticals Finally Decides to Change Name