London - British Prime Minister Gordon Brown Wednesday called for an urgent ceasefire in view of the "humanitarian crisis" unfolding in Gaza.
"It is vital that moderation must now prevail - there's a humanitarian crisis," said Brown in London. Aid was now getting through to the territory, he added.
His comments followed a statement by Downing Street earlier in the week which said the British government was "appalled" by the violence. (dpa)
- Case against Google for collecting classified data: Govt
- Microsoft launches 'most affordable' Lumia smartphone at Rs 7,349
- Apple iOS found most secure mobile operating system against spywares: Report
- Ericsson wins Vodafone India's contract for payment solutions
- Microsoft launches low budget 'Nokia 130' for just NZD 30