London - British Prime Minister Gordon Brown Wednesday called for an urgent ceasefire in view of the "humanitarian crisis" unfolding in Gaza.
"It is vital that moderation must now prevail - there's a humanitarian crisis," said Brown in London. Aid was now getting through to the territory, he added.
His comments followed a statement by Downing Street earlier in the week which said the British government was "appalled" by the violence. (dpa)
- Toshiba, United Technologies ink agreement for global growth in HVAC solutions
- Google offers artificial personal assistant for users ready to give up personal info
- Apple launches iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus in India
- Google profits plunges 5 percent YOY, in Q3
- HCL Technologies Q1 Net up 32.3% at Rs 1,873 crore