London - British Prime Minister Gordon Brown Wednesday called for an urgent ceasefire in view of the "humanitarian crisis" unfolding in Gaza.
"It is vital that moderation must now prevail - there's a humanitarian crisis," said Brown in London. Aid was now getting through to the territory, he added.
His comments followed a statement by Downing Street earlier in the week which said the British government was "appalled" by the violence. (dpa)
- IBM Watson’s Uses Artificial Intelligence techniques to Teach Robots Better Understand Human Communication
- Haggen Grocery Chain Wants Permission to Shutter Hundred More Stores
- New-Home Sales in the U.S. Increased in August by 5.7 Percent
- Federal Reserve Chair, Janet Yellen Feels Dehydrated during Speech; Gets Medical Attention
- Sanford C. Bernstein Reaffirms ‘Market Perform’ Rating for Lockheed Martin