London - British Prime Minister Gordon Brown Wednesday called for an urgent ceasefire in view of the "humanitarian crisis" unfolding in Gaza.
"It is vital that moderation must now prevail - there's a humanitarian crisis," said Brown in London. Aid was now getting through to the territory, he added.
His comments followed a statement by Downing Street earlier in the week which said the British government was "appalled" by the violence. (dpa)
- Eversource Faces Stiff Challenge from ‘Society for the Protection of New Hampshire Forests’ over Burying Power Lines
- In Carolina Local Gas Prices Hits Lowest Levels in Years
- Brent Crude Drops Close to 2008 Low as Fresh Oil Glut Concerns Hit the Market
- Further Drop in California’s Unemployment Rate Reflects a Steady Economy
- Isis Pharmaceuticals Finally Decides to Change Name