London - British Prime Minister Gordon Brown Wednesday called for an urgent ceasefire in view of the "humanitarian crisis" unfolding in Gaza.
"It is vital that moderation must now prevail - there's a humanitarian crisis," said Brown in London. Aid was now getting through to the territory, he added.
His comments followed a statement by Downing Street earlier in the week which said the British government was "appalled" by the violence. (dpa)
- Marathon Pharma to sell decades-old drug to treat DMD for $89,000
- FedEx Launches FedEx Fulfillment for Small Business to Compete with Amazon
- CDC updates 2017 advisory for recommended flu shots
- Coca-Cola Helped by Strong North American Demand but Company Issues Lackluster Future Guidance
- Women with dense breasts more likely to develop breast cancer: study