London, Nov 27 : Formula One champion Lewis Hamilton is set to overtake former England football captain David Beckham as the richest ever British sportsman.
Hamilton would see his earnings smash through the 500 million pounds barrier after bagging his second Formula One championship title, which means the Briton would leave Beckham and wife Victoria's combined 210 million pounds fortune way behind.
Hamilton's second world championship, secured in Abu Dhabi on Sunday, means he would net a 100 million pounds, five-year contract with his team Mercedes, The Daily Star reported.
But branding expert Nigel Currie said that Hamilton's going to be Britain's highest-paid sportsman ever, adding that he's in pole position to do that.
Hamilton, from Stevenage, Herts, already rakes in 25 million pounds a year.
Wealth management expert Richard Simpson said that Hamilton would earn 500 million pounds over his career very easily. He added that the Formula One champion could go on to win several more titles and he would be naming his price on deals.
Hamilton has deals with bank Santander, watch maker Tag Heuer and sportswear firm Reebok, the report added. (ANI)
- Marathon Pharma to sell decades-old drug to treat DMD for $89,000
- FedEx Launches FedEx Fulfillment for Small Business to Compete with Amazon
- CDC updates 2017 advisory for recommended flu shots
- Coca-Cola Helped by Strong North American Demand but Company Issues Lackluster Future Guidance
- Women with dense breasts more likely to develop breast cancer: study