Apart from dialing 100 from your phone, one can now send an SMS to the police in Himachal Pradesh for any help.
The SMS facility was launched on Thursday through which one can ask for help by sending a message on a assigned 10-digit number - 9459100100.
Acting Director General of Police (DGP) D. S. Manhas said that anyone can send SMS to the police on mobile number 9459100100 for any type of help.
He added that the SMS will be instantly forwarded to the police officer concerned for required action.
"One can lodge a complaint in case of any emergency like accidents, serious crime incidents and even cases of sexual harassment. Our aim is to make the police more accountable to the public," Mr. Manhas said.
Manhas also said that all SMSes, together with the action taken report received from the functionaries concerned, would be supervised by the DGP.
The facility of SMS will be in addition to the subsisting services available for seeking police help. (With Inputs from Agencies)
- Case against Google for collecting classified data: Govt
- Microsoft launches 'most affordable' Lumia smartphone at Rs 7,349
- Apple iOS found most secure mobile operating system against spywares: Report
- Ericsson wins Vodafone India's contract for payment solutions
- Microsoft launches low budget 'Nokia 130' for just NZD 30