Tel Aviv - Israeli ground forces moved in the northern Gaza Strip Saturday evening, on the eighth day of a massive Israeli offensive against militants in the salient.
The ground operation was preceded by an artillery barrage which lasted for hours, and reports said the troops were backed by air support.
There was no immediate indication how far into the salient the troops had penetrated, or what type of resistance they were meeting.
An Israeli Army spokeswoman declined to discuss the operation. (dpa)
- Eversource Faces Stiff Challenge from ‘Society for the Protection of New Hampshire Forests’ over Burying Power Lines
- In Carolina Local Gas Prices Hits Lowest Levels in Years
- Brent Crude Drops Close to 2008 Low as Fresh Oil Glut Concerns Hit the Market
- Further Drop in California’s Unemployment Rate Reflects a Steady Economy
- Isis Pharmaceuticals Finally Decides to Change Name