Tel Aviv - Israeli ground forces moved in the northern Gaza Strip Saturday evening, on the eighth day of a massive Israeli offensive against militants in the salient.
The ground operation was preceded by an artillery barrage which lasted for hours, and reports said the troops were backed by air support.
There was no immediate indication how far into the salient the troops had penetrated, or what type of resistance they were meeting.
An Israeli Army spokeswoman declined to discuss the operation. (dpa)
- IBM Watson’s Uses Artificial Intelligence techniques to Teach Robots Better Understand Human Communication
- Haggen Grocery Chain Wants Permission to Shutter Hundred More Stores
- New-Home Sales in the U.S. Increased in August by 5.7 Percent
- Federal Reserve Chair, Janet Yellen Feels Dehydrated during Speech; Gets Medical Attention
- Sanford C. Bernstein Reaffirms ‘Market Perform’ Rating for Lockheed Martin