Tel Aviv - Israeli ground forces moved in the northern Gaza Strip Saturday evening, on the eighth day of a massive Israeli offensive against militants in the salient.
The ground operation was preceded by an artillery barrage which lasted for hours, and reports said the troops were backed by air support.
There was no immediate indication how far into the salient the troops had penetrated, or what type of resistance they were meeting.
An Israeli Army spokeswoman declined to discuss the operation. (dpa)
- Toshiba, United Technologies ink agreement for global growth in HVAC solutions
- Google offers artificial personal assistant for users ready to give up personal info
- Apple launches iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus in India
- Google profits plunges 5 percent YOY, in Q3
- HCL Technologies Q1 Net up 32.3% at Rs 1,873 crore