Tel Aviv - Israeli ground forces moved in the northern Gaza Strip Saturday evening, on the eighth day of a massive Israeli offensive against militants in the salient.
The ground operation was preceded by an artillery barrage which lasted for hours, and reports said the troops were backed by air support.
There was no immediate indication how far into the salient the troops had penetrated, or what type of resistance they were meeting.
An Israeli Army spokeswoman declined to discuss the operation. (dpa)
- Scientists say death of a partner may cause an actual ‘heartbreak’
- Trump Criticizes Ford’s Move of Building a New Assembly Plant in Mexico
- Reportedly Pfizer and Allergan Plan to End Merger Deal with New Stricter Tax Rules
- Dollar Close to Its Seventeen Month Low Against the Yen
- Iceland’s Prime Minister Resigns after Panama Paper Leak