Tel Aviv - Israeli ground forces moved in the northern Gaza Strip Saturday evening, on the eighth day of a massive Israeli offensive against militants in the salient.
The ground operation was preceded by an artillery barrage which lasted for hours, and reports said the troops were backed by air support.
There was no immediate indication how far into the salient the troops had penetrated, or what type of resistance they were meeting.
An Israeli Army spokeswoman declined to discuss the operation. (dpa)
- The Robot-Snake Charger Designed by Tesla Could Scare you Along with Charging your Car
- Food Industry Consolidations Might be What Activist Investors are Expecting
- BOJ Unchanged About Upbeat Economic Assessment In Spite of Contraction Expected in April- June Quarter
- Friday’s US Jobs Report for July Is Expected to Show Strong Gains
- MH370 Debris Wash Ashore to an Indian Ocean Island