Washington, Jan 1 : Jackie Chan has been named as the Vice Chairman of the China Film Association.
The association will tie together moviemaking in Hong Kong and China.
The 54-year-old action star along with other prominent Hong Kong filmmakers has joined the key mainland Chinese film association, a sign of the growing integration of the two movie industries.
Chan was voted the organization's vice-chairman over the weekend (27-28December).
Actor Andy Lau and directors Peter Chan, Gordon Chan, Derek Yee and Tsui Siu-ming were also among the group''s first batch of 10 members from Hong Kong, reports Contactmusic.
The China Film Association organises China''s main movie festivals; the Golden Rooster and Hundred Flowers film awards. (ANI)
- 8 out of 10 consumers have privacy concerns over wearable devices
- Crashed Instagram leads users to lash out on Twitter
- Social media users likelier to shirk from discussing important issues offline
- Now, 'safely' send messages while driving with Nissan's messaging assistant
- HTC unveils world's first 64-bit Android phone 'Desire 510'