London, August 23 : John Cleese reportedly netted a whopping 26,000 pounds a minute for a scene in the fourth instalment of hit movie ‘Shrek’.
The 70-year-old comedian was said to have picked up a 604,000-pound cheque for just 23 minutes'' work as he plays King Herold in the ‘Shrek Forever After’.
"This is the ultimate sign that John can still make the big bucks," the News of the World quoted a top film source as saying.
A source close to Cleese said: "It''s all been top secret. He was in and out of the studio within an hour. The actual recording only took 23 minutes. Not bad for a million dollars!"
The latest flick in the animated series, slated to release next year, may also feature guest appearances from Sir Paul McCartney and Justin Timberlake. (ANI)
- The Robot-Snake Charger Designed by Tesla Could Scare you Along with Charging your Car
- Food Industry Consolidations Might be What Activist Investors are Expecting
- BOJ Unchanged About Upbeat Economic Assessment In Spite of Contraction Expected in April- June Quarter
- Friday’s US Jobs Report for July Is Expected to Show Strong Gains
- MH370 Debris Wash Ashore to an Indian Ocean Island