London, August 23 : John Cleese reportedly netted a whopping 26,000 pounds a minute for a scene in the fourth instalment of hit movie ‘Shrek’.
The 70-year-old comedian was said to have picked up a 604,000-pound cheque for just 23 minutes'' work as he plays King Herold in the ‘Shrek Forever After’.
"This is the ultimate sign that John can still make the big bucks," the News of the World quoted a top film source as saying.
A source close to Cleese said: "It''s all been top secret. He was in and out of the studio within an hour. The actual recording only took 23 minutes. Not bad for a million dollars!"
The latest flick in the animated series, slated to release next year, may also feature guest appearances from Sir Paul McCartney and Justin Timberlake. (ANI)
- Eversource Faces Stiff Challenge from ‘Society for the Protection of New Hampshire Forests’ over Burying Power Lines
- In Carolina Local Gas Prices Hits Lowest Levels in Years
- Brent Crude Drops Close to 2008 Low as Fresh Oil Glut Concerns Hit the Market
- Further Drop in California’s Unemployment Rate Reflects a Steady Economy
- Isis Pharmaceuticals Finally Decides to Change Name