Chennai Airport officials and Central Industrial Security Force personnel have taken a 34-year-old man into custody for questioning after he sneaked past security guards to take photographs of Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram.
An airport official confirmed that Ameer Thwaha, who had arrived in Chennai from Kochi on Tuesday, was detained after he approached Chidambaram and insisted that the minister take a photo with him.
Speaking about the incident, the official said, "Thwaha got past CISF personnel and policemen and approached the minister. Security guards detained him after he insisted that the minister take a photograph with him."
The official added that Thwaha was taken into custody after he could not give a credible explanation for his actions.
Taking a photo of a minister isn't an offence but the Union Finance Minister is a high risk individual, and sneaking past his security poses a potential threat to his life.
Earlier on October 3, CISF officials had taken Thwaha and his friend Mansoor into custody after the duo took photographs of the interiors of an Air India Dreamliner plane on a Chennai-Delhi flight and then created uproar at the airport.
According to police officials, Thwaha used to work in Dubai but now he operates a travel agency in Perumbavoor close to Kochi in Keral
- The Robot-Snake Charger Designed by Tesla Could Scare you Along with Charging your Car
- Food Industry Consolidations Might be What Activist Investors are Expecting
- BOJ Unchanged About Upbeat Economic Assessment In Spite of Contraction Expected in April- June Quarter
- Friday’s US Jobs Report for July Is Expected to Show Strong Gains
- MH370 Debris Wash Ashore to an Indian Ocean Island