Chennai Airport officials and Central Industrial Security Force personnel have taken a 34-year-old man into custody for questioning after he sneaked past security guards to take photographs of Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram.
An airport official confirmed that Ameer Thwaha, who had arrived in Chennai from Kochi on Tuesday, was detained after he approached Chidambaram and insisted that the minister take a photo with him.
Speaking about the incident, the official said, "Thwaha got past CISF personnel and policemen and approached the minister. Security guards detained him after he insisted that the minister take a photograph with him."
The official added that Thwaha was taken into custody after he could not give a credible explanation for his actions.
Taking a photo of a minister isn't an offence but the Union Finance Minister is a high risk individual, and sneaking past his security poses a potential threat to his life.
Earlier on October 3, CISF officials had taken Thwaha and his friend Mansoor into custody after the duo took photographs of the interiors of an Air India Dreamliner plane on a Chennai-Delhi flight and then created uproar at the airport.
According to police officials, Thwaha used to work in Dubai but now he operates a travel agency in Perumbavoor close to Kochi in Keral
- Scientists say death of a partner may cause an actual ‘heartbreak’
- Trump Criticizes Ford’s Move of Building a New Assembly Plant in Mexico
- Reportedly Pfizer and Allergan Plan to End Merger Deal with New Stricter Tax Rules
- Dollar Close to Its Seventeen Month Low Against the Yen
- Iceland’s Prime Minister Resigns after Panama Paper Leak